By the end of this unit you should be able to understand the following:
- I can recognize that the Sun and
stars emit light and moons and planets reflect light.
- I can describe the location and
movement of the stars and constellations.
- I can recognize that the apparent
movement of objects in the sky is regular and predictable.
- I can understand that the Sun
should never be viewed directly – only with appropriate tools.
- I can construct and use a device
for plotting the movement of the sun across the sky.
- I can describe seasonal changes in
the length of the day and night, and the angle of the Sun.
- I can recognize that the phases of
the moon are regular and predictable.
- I can identify technologies and
procedures by which knowledge about astronomy has been gathered.
- I can understand that Earth, the
Sun and the Moon are part of a solar system that occupies only a tiny part of
the known universe.
Unit Review & Vocabulary
- Read this Over! Vocabulary
- Read all the terms. These are the terms you will need to understand to have success in the unit.
Be An Astronaut
Go to this website
and complete the mission, by filling in the correct information on the worksheet provided.